i.MX6UL Hardware implementation of a 8 MP camera

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6UL Hardware implementation of a 8 MP camera

thomasgadn
Contributor II

It is possible to implement a MIPI CSI 2 Camera into a custom i.MX6UL Board although the processor only supports 24Bit Parallel?

I saw already some examples with an OV6540 which is using 2 Lane MIPI CSI - 2 Interface.

Since I am only working on the hardware side I want to ask: If there is any possibility to connect 4 Lane MIPI CSI 2 Cameras(SONY IMX219) with the processor. 

Do I need to use a bridge like the TC358746AXBG and use the full 24 Bit Parallel Camera Port? 

Are there any suggestions from some hardware engineers with some better knowledge about this topic?

Kind regards,

Tom

Labels (3)
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom

you are right, as i.MX6ULL has not MIPI CSI - 2 Interface so external MIPI CSI-2 to

parallel port converter is needed. TC358746AXBG or probably fpga can be used.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thomasgadn
Contributor II

Thank you very much!

May you can answer me another question?

Is it possible to boot an embedded Linux from SD Card while using an SPI Bus? Since I want to use the Camara and the SD Card parallel this seems to be the only solution?

kind regards

thomas

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think it is not possible to boot SD Card using an SPI.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos