i.MX6SoloX running MQX in the Cortex-A9 core?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6SoloX running MQX in the Cortex-A9 core?

Jump to solution
ScottKerstein
Contributor III

Hello,

On the MQX product page Freescale MQX™ Software Solutions|Freescale, there is a reference to MQX supporting i.MX Cortex-A9 cores.  The i.MX link is broken in the Overview box. 

For a complete list of supported devices, see the MQX RTOS Fact Sheet

Unfortunately, the fact sheet doesn't reference supporting i.MX Cortex-A9 cores, even though the "Supported Devices" drop-down shows it is.

Can MQX run in the Cortex-A9 core of the SoloX?  I understand that it will run in the Cortex-M4 core.  Is this a misprint?

Capture.PNG.png

Thanks, in advance!

Scott

Labels (1)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Scott

according to attached Release Notes MQX runs only on M4 core of i.MX6SX

Freescale MQX™ Software Solutions|Freescale

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Scott

according to attached Release Notes MQX runs only on M4 core of i.MX6SX

Freescale MQX™ Software Solutions|Freescale

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

ScottKerstein
Contributor III

Thanks, Igor.  I should have checked the release notes, first.

0 Kudos
samsaprunoff
Contributor V

Good day Scott,

It is (or was) my understanding that MQX is supported within the iMX family... however, if one wanted to use MQX on the i.MX family that one would have to purchase a license from the MQX vendor.  In other words the "free" MQX Freescale license is only for the Coldfire and Kinetis Families... at least it was when I inquired about MQX for the iMX a few years ago.

Cheers,

Sam

0 Kudos