i.MX6Solo lpddr2 support with dora 3.10.17_beta bsp

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6Solo lpddr2 support with dora 3.10.17_beta bsp

scottwarner
Contributor III

I'm porting the 3.10.17_beta bsp to our custom board that is running an i.MX6Solo with a single bank of lpddr2, we used the sabresd as a reference board.  When the kernel boots I see the following message:

NET: Registered protocol family 1

RPC: Registered named UNIX socket transport module.

RPC: Registered udp transport module.

RPC: Registered tcp transport module.

RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel transport module.

pureg-dummy: no parameters

imx6_busfreq busfreq.12: Busfreq: Cannot set irq affinity irq=139,

imx6_busfreq busfreq.12: Busfreq init of MMDC failed

imx6_busfreq: probe of busfreq.12 failed with error -22

Bus freq driver module loaded

VFS: Disk quotas dquot_6.5.2

Dquot-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order 0, 4096 bytes)

NFS: Registering the id_resolver key type

Key type id_resolver registered

Key type id_legacy registered

fuse init (API version 7.22)

msgmni has been set to 463

Tracing this code I see the busfreq-imx6 driver calling init_mmdc_ddr3_settings() for any processor other than the imx6sl.  Have there been any new patches to add support for lpddr2 on processors other than imx6sl?  The system boots fine, are there any known issues running the board in this state? 

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Yogee
Contributor III

Hi,

We need help..

We to used IMX6 Solo with LPDDR2 Single channel. But we are not able to configure LPDDR2 parameters. Can anyone help providing the correct LPDDR2 values.

We have SD3 as boot device and UART3 as console.

Nothing is working seems to be. :-(

Can anyone provide Uboot image with correct settings for LPDDR2 (on IMX6 solo) and UART3 as console output.

AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Scott

It only impacts busfreq, if you don't want this feature, you can ignore the message, everything should be OK. For lpddr2 support on IMX6DL/SOLO, we ever supported a customer with that, but there is no formal patches ready in our formal release.

0 Kudos

scottwarner
Contributor III

Hi Yongcai,

What would make use of busfreq?  Is it part of DVFS or something like that?  I don't think we need it, but want to make sure I understand what it's used for.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos

AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Scott

Busfreq is for scaling axi, ahb and ddr clock, it is only used for low power idle case which means all high speed peripheral devices are in idle, such as SD, USB and all display related feature.

0 Kudos