cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6SX: RGB mapping to the LCD data signals

Jump to solution
kubiznak_petr
Contributor V

It is not clear how the RGB channels are mapped on the LCD1_DATAxx signals of the SoloX platform. I suppose [23:16]=R, [15:8]=G, [7:0]=B, though I did not find any doubtless specification in the manuals. Can someone please confirm my expectation? Maybe jiri-b36968​ might help...

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kubiznak_petr
Contributor V

Hi Artur, thanks for your reply. I understand the peripheral is quite configurable, my concern was the "default" or "natural" configuration. So your reply is exactly what I wanted. Thank you. Petr

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no single LCD data bus lines to color components mapping. It depends on many parameters, that can be set up within the LCD controller, such as pixel data format, LCD bus width, data byte swapping scheme, and on the initial pixel data format in the memory. So, many mapping cases are possible. Assuming normal 24bbp within 32-bit word initial pixel format where bits [23:16]=R, bits [15:8]=G and bits [7:0]=B, LCD bus width of 24 bits and no byte swapping, the data bus mapping is exactly as you suppose.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
kubiznak_petr
Contributor V

Hi Artur, thanks for your reply. I understand the peripheral is quite configurable, my concern was the "default" or "natural" configuration. So your reply is exactly what I wanted. Thank you. Petr

0 Kudos
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Petr,

will check it.

/Jiri

0 Kudos