Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6SX FCB for NAND Boot.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

We have some questions about i.MX6SX NAND Boot.

Please see our questions as below.

[Q1]

Please see Figure 8-5 in IMX6SXRM Rev.0.

i.MX6SX retry if FCB is not found until Read Count becomes same value as Search Count.

Next, please see chapter 8.5.2.3.

It says "so in case the first NAND block becomes corrupted, the ROM will find its copy in the next NAND block."

So I understand FCB should be copied to all the blocks from first 4k block to n th 4k block. (n = Boot Search Count (BOOT_CFG2[4:3])).

(e.g. FCB should be copied to all the 4k blocks from 1st block to 8th block when BOOT_CFG2[4:3]=11)

Is this correct?

[Q2]

We understand MFG-Tools programs FCB and DBBT to NAND device.

Then, if the answer to Q1 is "correct", MFG-Tool should programs FCB to multiple blocks.

MFG-Tool supports it? or MFG-Tool can program FCB to only first 4k block?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Satoshi

1. yes this understanding is correct

2. MFG-Tool programs 4 copy of FCB

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Satoshi

1. yes this understanding is correct

2. MFG-Tool programs 4 copy of FCB

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos