Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6SDL PMU_MISC2n reset value

Jump to solution
sugiyamatoshihi
Contributor V

Hi,

I'd like to know the reset value of REG # _ STEP_TIME in PMU_MISC2n.

It seems the value is all 11b just after reset when we read by debugger, but reference manual showed 00b.

Also it told 00b in A7 of https://community.nxp.com/message/880009 .

What is correct?

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  Toshishisa,

The reset value of the register in reference manual is the value before ROM code. Therefore, the register value you see in debugger is the value after ROM code runs. Therefore, it is normal that the register value obtained by deugger is different from the reset value.

If you have any problems, you can reconfigure the register to the value you need in u-boot or kernel.

Have a nice day!

BR,

Weidong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  Toshishisa,

The reset value of the register in reference manual is the value before ROM code. Therefore, the register value you see in debugger is the value after ROM code runs. Therefore, it is normal that the register value obtained by deugger is different from the reset value.

If you have any problems, you can reconfigure the register to the value you need in u-boot or kernel.

Have a nice day!

BR,

Weidong

0 Kudos
sugiyamatoshihi
Contributor V

Hi, Weidong,

Thank you for your answer.

I understood we couldn't catch exact register value at the moment of reset.

I just curious that I couldn't see any code to manipulate that registers in disassembled ROM code by debugger after reset. Do you think it was debugger matter or  I just couldn't fined the ROM code? I couldn't check it because we don't have ROM source code.

Best Regards,

Sugiyama 

0 Kudos
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Toshishisa,

ROM code is the internal microcode of CPU. We do not release its source code. If you have any problems, you can reconfigure the value of those registers in u-boot or kernel. Therefore, you don't have to worry about the values of those registers after ROM code runs.

Have a nice day!

BR,

Weidong

0 Kudos
sugiyamatoshihi
Contributor V

Hi, Weidong,

Thank you for the answer.

Customer understood it.

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos