i.MX6S boot fails with rev.1.2 chip and HABv4.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6S boot fails with rev.1.2 chip and HABv4.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

Our partner have a question about i.MX6SDL.

Actually, their board did not boot correctly from SD or NAND at u-boot when enabled HABv4 and using i.MX6S rev. 1.2.

The success rate to boot correctly is about 5%.

When using i.MX6S rev.1.1, this issue was not occurred even though HABv4 is enabled.

Do you know why boot with rev. 1.2 chip fails?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Satoshi San,

This is due to a change in the HAB API offset in the boot ROM. From REV 1.1 to REV 1.2.  Unfortunately I do not have further details that I can exchange for you in the public community . Please enter an SR or contact your local Freescale FAE or Sales.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Satoshi San,

This is due to a change in the HAB API offset in the boot ROM. From REV 1.1 to REV 1.2.  Unfortunately I do not have further details that I can exchange for you in the public community . Please enter an SR or contact your local Freescale FAE or Sales.

Have a great day,
Jaime

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos