i.MX6S USB interface bring up

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6S USB interface bring up

vinayakammani
Contributor I

Hi, we have a custom board based on i.MX6 Solo processor and working on bringing up USB interface. the  reference firmware we have is sabrelite board i.MX6Q  based and in Custom board, only HSB Host1 controller is used for the USB interface. Difference between the reference design and custom board is external USB hub is not used in custom. And in custom board, there is an additional component ( SRV05-4) used on DP and DM lines. Pin 1 of SRV05-4 chip is connected to DP and pin 6 is connected to DM and Vcc and Gnd to PIN no 5 and 6 respectively.

1)  Does this additional component brings any impact to differential impendence ( 90ohm) and processor pin voltage ( 400 mV) variations?  as per recommendations, the terminating resistor should not be altered? how we can over come this with out affecting the differential impedance and voltages?

2) The external hub has no dependency in firmware configuration as the ref board hub circuitry is self configured?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vinayakam

SRV05-4 component will not bring issues (impact to differential impendence

or processor pin voltages) and such solution is used in

i.MX6_SABRE_SDP_DESIGNFILES  SPF-27392 p.11

Also no software changes are needed for operation without hub.

For usb bring-up one can try SDK (one can run it with jtag)

i.MX 6Series Platform SDK

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos