cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6Q PoP LPDDR2

oferausterlitz
Senior Contributor II

Hi, 

We are have been using the i.MX6Q PoP package with LPDDR2 Micron P/N: EDB8164B4PT

which is becoming EOL and checking for other alternatives.

1. Do you have a recommended alternative Micron P/N?

2. We are currently checking NANYA 8Gb P/N: NT6TL128T64BR-G0.

We are using the "MX6Q_MMDC_LPDDR2_register_programming_aid_v1.3" script which is based on Micron P/N: MT42L128M64D2LL-18WT

There are differences in 2 registers between script and NANYA specs:

tRFC- in NANYA datasheet 130, in script 210

tRMD (should be set to max(tMRR,tMRW) ) - according to NANYA datasheet max(2,5)= 5, according to Micron datasheet it is max(2,3) = 3

Checking in JESD209-2B specs, it seems that tRFC for 8Gb should be 210 always

as for tRMD, it seems that it is the product of max(2,5)

Can you advise if the setting of these registers should be modified when using NANYA part or remain unchanged? 

Thank you for your support.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ofer Austerlitz,

We do not have a list of alternates but perhaps Micron can provide with an alternate that fulfills fit form and function of the EDB8164B4PT now that it’s getting out of production.

As for the parameters for the NANYA memory, I would check that it’s JEDEC compliant as to avoid further problems down the road. You could certainly make some tests using the same parameters (at least if the memory is identical in architecture as the EDB8164B4PT), but if the numbers are different on its datasheet changes are some changes would be required.

JEDEC compliance is very important. Some memories may not fully comply with these and bring problems that are very difficult to catch since you don’t have a set of fixed variables to fall on.

My apologies for the inconvenience!

Regards, 

0 Kudos