i.MX6Q ONOFF debounce not 750ms

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6Q ONOFF debounce not 750ms

donfreiling
Contributor III

The IMX6DQRM states that PMIC_ON_REQ will be asserted if the ONOFF input is held low for a debounce duration of 750ms. On our custom board I am seeing a debounce time of only 76 micro seconds. 76us is not a reasonable duration for mechanical debouce, it should be at least 20ms. I've attached a scope trace showing ONOFF and PMIC_ON_REQ.

Questions:

1) Which clock is used to measure the ONOFF debounce time?

2) Is this an error in the RM or is it an indication of clock problem in our design?

Regards,

Don

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Don

there is no debounce time—the button signal is sampled by

32kHz clock, and that is the only way to deal with noise.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

donfreiling
Contributor III

According to the Reference Manual (IMX6QDRM Rev.3 07/2015), Section 10.5 (page 537):

10.5 ONOFF (Button)

The chip supports the use of a button input signal to request main SoC power state changes (i.e. On or Off) from the PMU. The button is used to power On and Off the SoC using an always-on (e.g., coincell battery-backed) power domain.

• When the chip main power supply is Off, a button press greater in duration than 750

ms asserts an output signal to request power from a power IC to power up the SoC.

• When the chip main power supply is On, a button press between 750 ms and 5

seconds will send an interrupt to the core to request that software bring down the

SoC safely. Software may respond to the interrupt by saving the processor state and

then setting a control bit that requests to the power IC the removal of the main power

supply.

• Button presses greater than 5 seconds, when the SoC is powered, results in a direct

hardware power down request signal to the power IC without providing a software

interrupt first. This long button press initiates a hardware-enforced mode which is

applicable when software is unable to power Off the device.

The button is connected to input ONOFF and the power IC is connected the chip output

PMIC_ON_REQ. The chip must have TEST_MODE deasserted. An always-On supply

(e.g. coincell) is needed in the system for this feature.

According to this I should see a 750ms delay between ONOFF asserted and PMIC_ON_REQ but as you can see from the scope trace I posted the delay is only 76us.

0 Kudos