i.MX6Q Linux: Could GPT be replaced by EPIT?

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

i.MX6Q Linux: Could GPT be replaced by EPIT?

1,662件の閲覧回数
harald_krapfenb
Contributor III

Has anyone tried to use EPIT instead of GPT for the Linux system clock on i.MX6Q?

I have seen such an option once existed for i.MX35.

The thing is, I would need GPT with it's external CAPTURE-IN and COMPARE-OUT Pins, which EPIT does not have.

Any experience? Or patch?

Thanks,

Harry

ラベル(3)
0 件の賞賛
6 返答(返信)

1,019件の閲覧回数
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Harald

We have not got your response yet and will close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 件の賞賛

1,019件の閲覧回数
harald_krapfenb
Contributor III

Hi,

thanks for your answers. We are still working with 3.0.35 kernel currently, and have found another, though more expensive solution.

Thanks, please close.

-Harald

0 件の賞賛

1,019件の閲覧回数
AdrianGancev
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Attached an experimental patch for Linux 3.10.17-1.0.0_ga.

0 件の賞賛

1,019件の閲覧回数
nluca
Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

I've tried to use your patch and it is working fine, it replace the GPT with the Epit. But is it possible to use both at the same time? I mean the Epit for system tick and the GPt for custom interrupt (e.g. output compare)?

Thanks,

Luca

0 件の賞賛

1,019件の閲覧回数
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Harald

I think there is already such epit timer as system timer in kernel L3.10, arch/arm/mach-imx/epit.c, you can look into it.

0 件の賞賛

1,019件の閲覧回数
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Harald

We are sorry for getting back to you so late. Are you still stuck with the issue? If you have somehow resolved the issue, can we close the discussion? If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 件の賞賛