i.MX6Q - GStreamer: How to clear the display after stopping the pipeline (using mfw_isink)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6Q - GStreamer: How to clear the display after stopping the pipeline (using mfw_isink)

Tarek
Senior Contributor I

Hi All,

I'm playing and displaying multiple streams using mfw_isink. The system can dynamical switch from one Full screen stream to 4/12/16 streams. To achieve this I'm changing the state of each pipeline to NULL , changing the mfw_isink (x,y,h,w) then setting the state back to PLAY. This is working fine except that some pipelines occasionally leaves the last image on display. This means every time I NULL all the pipelines I will see this last image momentary until the state is set back to PLAY again.

It looks like I need to clear the mfw_isink  buffers before staring any new stream. What is the best way to do so?

Thanks

Labels (4)
7 Replies

erickorozco
Contributor I

Hi, 

I'm experiencing the same issue as described above. I'm doing the following: 

-> Quitting the video, which means that I set the pipeline to NULL, and unreference all the objects.

->Restarting the video, creating a new pipeline and linking all the elements. 

After doing the above steps, the last image of the video destroyed is displayed before the new video is played. How can I avoid this issue? 

Thank you, 

Erick. 

By the way I'm using the I.MX6 and GStreamer Core Library version 0.10.36, my sink element is mfw_isink. 

0 Kudos

ChucoChe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Have you tried to set the state to STOP then NULL?

DaianeAngolini and FabioEstevam are more familiar with the gstreamer API than I am. Maybe they can give you more advice :)!

Michel

Tarek
Senior Contributor I

There is no Gstreamer State = STOP

T

0 Kudos

joshkurland
Contributor IV

Are you playing these videos from local files or streaming?  Have you tried to unref the pipeline after you have set it to NULL?  I used to do that at the end of every video before the next one played.  If I recall, I only saw the frame remain if I exited the process early (ctrl c).  I will try to look through some of my old code to see if I can re-replicate the results.  Also, I think each video has to have its own pipeline in order to link to a new mfw_isink pad.  You may be missing a NULL state one of these pipes. 

0 Kudos

Tarek
Senior Contributor I

I'm streaming the video. On my initial implementation I use to un-link the pipeline after each video to make sure all the elements and buffers are distorted correctly then link a new pipeline for the new stream. This method worked fine in terms of  clearing the screen but caused the system to crash. The fact that linking a new pipeline every time I start a new stream and dynamically allocating buffers will fragment the memory very quickly, resulting in allocation failure. This is not a common problem and it's unique to my application because I'm running 32 pipeline simultaneously hence I need a lot of memory,.

I was hopping to find a better way to clear mfw_isink buffers at the end of each video without having to rebuild the pipeline every time.

Thanks

0 Kudos

ChucoChe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you create a small test that replicates the behavior and provide the source code? Maybe we can come up with something here.

Michel

0 Kudos

ChucoChe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You're right, memory failed me.

Michel

0 Kudos