cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6Q DDR TESTER TOOL MEM32bit WRITE/READ

mehmetertugafsi
Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to bring up custom board based on i.MX6Q and total of 1GByte DDR3L. I have used the tool to obtain calibration results for 400MHz then applied the calibration results then run stress test for frequencies between 400 - 528 MHz. Test has been completed successfully. I also tried 32bit Memory Read write test, however for the Address value of A0000000, the tool warned me about system damage if the address is inappropriate and after clicking cross/ok. I guess read operation was unsucessfull. No data was present at the indicated address and the OTG connection was lost.I had to repower the board.

• I want to ask if the address i used is ok for read/write operation? What is the address range in the memory map corresponding to 1GByte Ram?
  • Is it ok to run DDR3 with 400MHz for i.MX6Q.

By the way I am using v2.40 of ddr tester tool.

MEM_RW.png

Thanks in advance..

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

mehmetertugafsi
Contributor II

Hello Igor,

Thank you for enlightening information. I have run the stress test for 400MHz with over night option for 15 hours (about 720 iterations) and it succeeded. For the address range from 1000_0000 to 5000_0000, i tried memory read/write option of the tool, for some specific addresses like 2FFF_FFFF, the program freezes. Furthermore, i dont lose otg connection as in the case mentioned above. What might be the cause of this issue?

Aside of this, is there any method to adjust drive strength, ODT on both CPU and RAM side for optimal performance?

DDR Stress tester already passes with the values given as a parameter in the excel aid no addition drive strength settings arent made on the CPU side.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mehmet

unfortunately I have not sources of tool so can not comment on

"32bit Memory Read write test". However there are other good methods

for single read/write, for example with jtag or running uboot.

Regarding drive strength settings, these can be added manually to script.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mehmet

memory map is described in Table 2-1. System memory map

i.MX6DQ Reference Manual, ddr starts with 0x1000_0000.

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX6DQRM.pdf

May be useful presentation FTF-SDS-F0170  "DRAM Controller Optimization for i.MX"

describing mmdc programming:

https://community.freescale.com/thread/384990

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos