Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6DQ NAND GPMI + BCH.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

Our customer found a strange phenomenon with i.MX6DQ and SLC NAND.

They dumped same block of NAND with UBIFS.

Then, the data was not same between dumped with GPMI + BCH and dumped only with GPMI.

Please see the attached logs, you can see 0xF7 in line 89 of GPMI+BCH.txt.

Please give me advice why this difference was happen?

For your information, they got the dump data with gpmi_read_page function in gpmi driver (drivers/mtd/nand/gpmi-nand/gpmi-nand.c) in L3.0.101 BSP when mount ubifs partition for GPMI+BCH, and got with nanddump command (it seems to use gpmi_read_data function in gpmi driver) for GPMI only.

In fact, our customer's mass production has been stopped by related to this question.

So please give us your reply ASAP.

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Original Attachment has been moved to: GPMI+BCH.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: GPMI.txt.zip

Labels (4)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

NAND is not reliable storage device. BCH is intended to correct possible errors.
It should be always used.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

NAND is not reliable storage device. BCH is intended to correct possible errors.
It should be always used.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos