Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6DQ Ethernet FCS Error counter

Jump to solution
mamorukanou
Contributor IV

Hi,

Is the judgment of the FCS error performed in the Ethernet MAC  HW of iMx6DQ?
If so, please tell us the register that sets the error count threshold.
If not, please tell me that.

Best Regards,

kanou

0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The ENET_IEEE_R_DROP register only counts the Rx frames with invalid or missing SFD character.

The Rx frames with invalid FCS are counted with the ENET_RMON_R_CRC_ALIGN register.

Have a great day,
Artur

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The ENET_IEEE_R_DROP register only counts the Rx frames with invalid or missing SFD character.

The Rx frames with invalid FCS are counted with the ENET_RMON_R_CRC_ALIGN register.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

mamorukanou
Contributor IV

I Change the way of my question.

i.MX6DQ has  "ENET_IEEE_R_DROP" register  related Ethernet.

* Frames not Counted Correctly Statistic RegisterENET_IEEE_R_DROP)

Counter increments if a frame with invalid or missing SFD character is detected and has been dropped. None of the other counters increments if this counter increments.

Question)

Does this counter include not only missing SFD(Start Frame Delimiter) character but also FCS(Frame Check Sequence) error count in Ethernet frame ?

BR,

kanou

0 Kudos