i.MX6DP Rev 1.1, Reboot cmd rebooting two times to load kernel and bootup the android

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6DP Rev 1.1, Reboot cmd rebooting two times to load kernel and bootup the android

sumanthgavini
Contributor I

Previously, we are using the IMX6DP processor( MCIMX6DP7CVT8AA - i.MX6DP rev1.0 ) from long time and it is working fine. 

We have used  kernel: 3.14.52 and android 6.0.1 versions;

Recently, we have got new version of the IMX6DP processor with a different serial number (MCIMX6DP7CVT8AB - i.MX6DP rev1.1). We have applied the same image build from old processor. It didn't work. 

After applying the patch

1.  https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/linux-imx/commit/?h=imx_4.9.88_2.0.0_ga&id=c9be977cc8a9f7...   

diff --git a/arch/arm/mach-imx/anatop.c b/arch/arm/mach-imx/anatop.c

index ebf2bba..6bbfb51 100644

--- a/arch/arm/mach-imx/anatop.c

+++ b/arch/arm/mach-imx/anatop.c

@@ -222,8 +222,11 @@ void __init imx_init_revision_from_anatop(void)

else

revision = IMX_CHIP_REVISION_1_0;

break;

- case 1:

- revision = IMX_CHIP_REVISION_1_1;

+` case 1:

+        if (digprog >> 8 & 0x01)

+ revision = IMX_CHIP_REVISION_2_0;

+ else

+            revision = IMX_CHIP_REVISION_1_1;

break;

case 2:

revision = IMX_CHIP_REVISION_1_2;

On apply the patch and 2 Number changes, (MCIMX6DP7CVT8AB - i.MX6DP rev1.1) New processor was able to boot up. 

After bootup, I have observed two problems related to the reboot cmd

problem 1:

We are using the hdmi connection to display the video output on the monitor. If the hdmi connection is connected to IMX6DP board and passing reboot command from the serial debugger, the system(new processor broad) is booting up two times ( First time, kernel loaded up to imx-sdma firmware loading and suddenly it was restarting from uboot and powering on successfully) 

Problem 2:  

We are using a service app, which communicates with the ttymxc1 port. On passing the reboot command from the serial debugger the system(IMX6 board) is booting up two times to load the kernel(( First time, kernel loaded up to imx-sdma firmware loading and suddenly it was restarting from uboot and powering on successfully) 

If, I uninstall the specific service application and passing reboot command from the serial debugger, the system(new processor broad) is booting up from uboot one times only.

Attached the old and new processor log files. 

MCIMX6DP7CVT8AA - i.MX6DP rev1.0

MCIMX6DP7CVT8AB - i.MX6DP rev1.1

@diegoadrian 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I cannot access the commit you have shared, the community blocks the link, but from the commit number I think I know which patch you have applied.

Please try with the attached patch as well, and let me know if you still getting this behavior when rebooting.

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

sumanthgavini
Contributor I

Thanks for your inputs Aldo @AldoG 

After applying the patch, I see the same reboot behavior. 

Could you provide further steps to verify and resolve the problem?

0 Kudos

sumanthgavini
Contributor I

Hi  @igorpadykov ,

Doubt regarding your previous reply.

On the processor revision change from v1.0 to v1.1, Do we need to run the DDR stress tool and modify the configuration in uboot as per DDR stress tool results. 

Regards,

Sumanth.

0 Kudos