cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6DL Driver and Getting Windows 7 To Communicate As An Android Device

kellykaveny
Contributor I

Hi Freescale Community,

I'm trying to get my i.MX6DL device (Installed with Android OS 4.3) recognized by my host PC (Installed with Windows 7 Pro x64) as an android device and not as a generic FTDI com port.

I have followed the instructions carefully on this forum:

i.MX6: Android connect to ADB

I'm having difficulty with how to do step 6.  I went through Device Manager on my Windows machine and right-clicked on the USB port where my tablet is connected and selected "Update Driver Software".  I, then, pick from a list of drivers from my computer to select the specific file, "tetherxp.inf".  From there, I tried to get that file installed, but it comes up with this (screenshot attached) saying it needs to be x64-based systems.  Are there any updated drivers out there for i.MX6DL?

The overall goal is that I'm trying to get this i.MX6Q (installed with Android OS 4.3) to work with SmartBear, a third party test automation software, to conduct automated black-box testing.  I managed to get my Windows PC to communicate with a cheap android tablet with Lollipop Android OS installed.

How can I get my i.MX6DL device to communicate with my Windows PC?  What files/components am I missing?

If I asked any obvious questions, sorry, I'm really new to this.  Thanks in advance.

-Kelly

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, Kelly !

Please try recommendations of section 3 (How do I use ADB over Ethernet?) in
"Android_Frequently_Asked_Questions.pdf" in android_jb4.3_1.1.0-ga documentation package :
---

From Adroid JB4.2.2, security ADB is enabled by default (ro.adb.security is set to 1). In security ADB mode, the ADB over

ethernet is not allowed. For more details, see How do I enable and disable security ADB?. To use the ADB over ethernet,

there are two steps to follow:

1. Disable the security ADB by changing ADB security setting in init.rc

2. Delete or comment the below line, and then rebuild the boot.img. setprop ro.adb.security 1.

3. Keep the board connecting with usb to the PC, and enable the ‘usb debuging’ from Setting->Developer Options and

then follow the steps below to set up ADB over ethernet.

On the Linux PC, assuming you had built Android code or had installed Android SDK), complete the following actions to use

ADB over ethernet:

$ ping IP_OF_YOUR_BOARD (run "netcfg" on board to get IP address)

$ export ADBHOST=IP_OF_YOUR_BOARD

"adb" is a host tool created during Android build.It's under out/host/linux-x86/bin/. Make

sure you set path properly.

$ adb kill-server (Not sure why this step is needed. Just re-start adb daemon on board.)

$ adb shell

Set the ADB port properly on the device:

$ setprop service.adb.tcp.port 5555

After setting up the ADB listener port, re-enable the USB debug function in the Settings application.

---

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos