Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6DL - Determine Boot From Recovery Device

Jump to solution
christian_neuwi
Contributor III

Hi,

we're building our own hardware based on an i.MX6DL using an eMMC as primary boot device and an SPI NOR Flash as recovery device.

Our board behaves as expected when there is no bootloader in eMMC, i.e. it boots from SPI NOR Flash, but I can find no indication about that fact in any of the SRC registers I've been looking at.

Is there such an indication at all and - if so - where can I find it?

Regards,

Chris.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chris

I am afraid there is no such indication which recovery device was used.

Best regards igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
christian_neuwi
Contributor III

FYI:

The flag PERSIST_SECONDARY_BOOT (SRC_GPR10[30]) does indicate that booting occurred from the recovery device. It might not say exactly which recovery device was used, but since you can have only one that information is usually good enough for the firmware to react appropriately if needed.

Best regards,

Chris.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chris

I am afraid there is no such indication which recovery device was used.

Best regards igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos