cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 with multiple cameras connected at CSI

atillametetured
Contributor V

Greetings,

I am new to camera interfaces and I am trying to figure out how to connect multiple cameras at the CSI interface of i.MX6.

Can anyone point me to a referrence design with multiple cameras, more than two if that is even possible? Please share your experiences if you previously did this before.

Kind Regards,

Mete

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mete

to IPU CSI interface may be connected only one parallel camera, also please check

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-328548

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

atillametetured
Contributor V

Hello Igor,

Thank you for your quick answer. The link you provided mentions the following configuration for camera connection;

• 2 x CSI, 2 x MIPI

Does this conflict with what you said in your post or is there a different way of doing this?

Kind regards,

Mete

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mete

could you elaborate point of conflict

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

atillametetured
Contributor V

Hi Igor,

I'm sorry I believe I misinterpreted the post. So I can connect up to 4 x Serial camera at the MIPI CSI-2 interface, given that they all have single lane data. Then I can connect up to 2 cameras at the parallel port (Camera Sensor Interface)? Or is that still wrong?

Regards,

Mete

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mete

right, as described on thread:

For iMX6DQ, there are two IPUs,..

The 4 cameras can be:

..2xCSI, ..

as Figure 19-1 shows there are two parallel CSI inputs.

One IPU CSI interface may be connected only to one parallel camera.

Best regards
igor

atillametetured
Contributor V

Hi Igor,

Thank you for your reply.

I think what is confusing is when you say CSI you mean the Camera Sensor Interface. I perfectly understand that there are 2 IPUs so they can control 2 parallel cameras connected at the Camera Sensor Interface. I can also add up to four cameras at the MIPI interface. 

I think we came to an agreement now, right?

Kind regards,

Mete

0 Kudos