i.MX6: toggle pixel clock generation for parallel LCD

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6: toggle pixel clock generation for parallel LCD

morix
Contributor II

Hello. I am using an i.MX6 Solo for an embedded device driving an LCD on the parallel RGB port. The device runs a Yocto-generated Linux distribution based on Linux kernel 3.10.17.

Here is the display configuration returned by command "fbset":

mode "480x272-60"
        # D: 9.000 MHz, H: 17.176 kHz, V: 60.055 Hz
        geometry 480 272 480 272 32
        timings 111111 40 2 2 2 2 10
        accel false
        rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,8/24
endmode

Under some circumstances I would like to turn off and on the pixel clock at runtime... In other words when the device enters a "very low electromagnetic emission mode" I would like to completely turn off the pixel clock of the LCD (which causes some noise) and then I would like to turn it on again when leaving such a low emission mode... The request is to do that without restarting/rebooting the device...

Is it possible? How can I do that?

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The device is accessed through special device nodes, usually located in the /dev directory, /dev/fb*. /dev/fb* also has several IOCTLs which act on it and through which information about the hardware can be
queried and set. The color map handling operates through IOCTLs as well. See linux/fb.h
for more information on which IOCTLs there are and which data structures they use.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos