cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 quad dual display(LVDS+HDMI) issue

dhrumildoshi
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to interface dual displays onto imx6 Quad custom board. I need run android on both displays LVDS and HDMI. I have used below u-boot script command,

console=ttymxc0,115200 init=/init androidboot.console=ttymxc0 androidboot.hardware=freescale vmalloc=300M androidboot.selinux=disabled consoleblank=0 cma=256M video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,1200x1920@40,if=RGB24,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:dev=hdmi,1280x720M@60,if=RGB24 video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off androidboot.dm_verity=disabled

I have checked the ipu details in boards .dts files for both interfaces,

• LVDS: ipu=1 & display id=0
  • HDMI: ipu=0 & display id=0

The issue is when I load the android image, I am getting proper image on LVDS display. But, the image on HDMI is not proper. Please check attached images of HDMI monitor and LVDS display.

Please help me to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Dhrumil

Labels (3)
9 Replies

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I apologize for the delay.

Are you using a custom board? or you are using our Sabresd board?

However, having different contents on two displays are supported by the hardware, since the i.MX6Q has two IPUs. However, this configuration is not supported by Android, if you want to implement this feature, you will need to configure the Android framework on your own, unfortunately, we cannot provide that kind of support.

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Which Android version are you willing to use?

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

dhrumildoshi
Contributor III

Hi Diego,

I am waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Dhrumil

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Can you please try with the below bootargs. Those are the ones that worked on my board:

u-boot -> setenv bootargs console=ttymxc3,115200 androidboot.console=ttymxc3 consoleblank=0 vmalloc=320M init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,bpp=32 video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off androidboot.hardware=freescale cma=384M androidboot.selinux=disabled androidboot.dm_verity=disabled

Best Regards,

Diego.

dhrumildoshi
Contributor III

Hi Diego,

I am sorry, I am asking here another query regarding HDMI detection issue.

i.MX6 qaud processor can detect the HDMI only for very first time. It can not detect or you can say it doesn't read EDID if I plug out and pug in it again. I have to reboot the processor to detect the HDMI again. I think there must be some patch in kernel for this issue.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Regards,

Dhrumil

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I do not see the same problem as you. I can plug and unplug the HDMI without any problem. Have you tried with the bootargs that I placed before?

Best Regards,

Diego 

0 Kudos

dhrumildoshi
Contributor III

Hi Diego,

Yes, I have used the same bootargs that you have suggested. But, I am facing the issue with HDMI detection as I have already mentioned in last message.

One more thing I want to ask you, Can i.MX6 quad processor display different contents on two displays LVDS and HDMI? Our product needs to run an application on LVDS display and a different application on HDMI display. Is it possible? 

Please guide me in implementation of the above feature.

Best Regards,

Dhrumil

0 Kudos

dhrumildoshi
Contributor III

Hi Diego,

I have already solved the issue. Sorry, I forgot to update here.

I have set bpp to 32 for HDMI from device tree file. It was 24 before and that was killing some services.

I think you have suggested the same from boot command. You are right.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Dhrumil

0 Kudos

dhrumildoshi
Contributor III

Hi Diego,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Android Marshmallow 6.0.1.

Regards,

Dhrumil

0 Kudos