cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 product usage lifetime estimates

vladislavkasik
Contributor II

Hi,

The document AN4725 "i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite Product Usage Lifetime Estimates" specifies maximum lifetime at maximum junction temperatures. For example 30 months with commercial grade at maximum 95C junction temperature. Does Freescale have any charts how the lifetime change with temperature? For example if we ensure that the temperature does not exceed 80C, what lifetime we may expect?

We understand that this is based on statistical data, but it will provide us with at least some lead whether we need industrial grade part or it is ok to use commercial.

Thank you,

Vladislav

jiri-b36968

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Vladislav

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vladislav/Yixing,

it is hard to reply this question. My last incomplete information is from testing department is:

Livespan data are based on the lifetime calculator. It is a calculated reference only that gives you some guidance. This is in no way any guarantee, we should stick to the specs of 5 years formally. But clearly if you run a lower temp you should expect a longer life. Between 95 and 80 it can be twice.

/Jiri

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Jiri

What is the update of this issue? If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yixing,

Please close it - replied in previous update.

/Jiri

0 Kudos

jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vladislav,

we have asked test engineering department for full data. Please wait.

/Jiri

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Jiri

Do you have any update for the issue?

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos