cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 partnumbers naming

Jump to solution
uSasha
Contributor II

Hi, me and my customer are wondering what's the point to have so many options in part identification symbol in partnumber?

If you'll check i,MX6Q datasheet (http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX6DQAEC.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Data%20Sheets&WT_... ) and check Figure 1. "Part Number Nomenclature" there are 4 versions of Part differentiator:

Industrial – w/ VPU, GPU, no MLB 7

Automotive – w/ VPU, GPU 6

Consumer – w/ VPU, GPU 5

Automotive – w/ GPU, no VPU 4

There are automotive, industrial and consumer options and also some options w VPU/GPU etc.

The question is: why grade and features are mixed in this PN symbol. We already have Temperature Tj and Package type to identify part grade.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alex,

The used Part Number Nomenclature provides separated identifiers for cover all possible options, in case of launching additional products. It doesn’t mean that all the combinations options are valid, but in this way is avoided having to change the part number of previously existing parts if new (not-covered) ones are launched.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alex,

The used Part Number Nomenclature provides separated identifiers for cover all possible options, in case of launching additional products. It doesn’t mean that all the combinations options are valid, but in this way is avoided having to change the part number of previously existing parts if new (not-covered) ones are launched.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos