i.MX6 decoupling and bulk capacitors for DDR VTT.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 decoupling and bulk capacitors for DDR VTT.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

Our partner have a question about i.MX6 DDR layout.

Please see chapter 3.6 of Hardware Development Guide (IMX6DQ6SDLHDG Rev.1)

[Q1]

It mentions about decoupling and bulk capacitors for VTT island, but not mention about its layout.

Would you let me know the recommended layout of decoupling and bulk capacitors for VTT?

(e.g. xx mils trace between decoupling cap and yyy)

[Q2]

About the number of capacitors, its says "Place one or two 0.1 μF decoupling capacitors by each termination RPACK on the VTT".

What is RPACK?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (4)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

RPACK means the Resistor Package, a SMD component, containing a number of resistors, typically, 4 or 8. The decoupling capacitors should be placed as close to the resistor packages as possible keeping minimum possible traces length.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

RPACK means the Resistor Package, a SMD component, containing a number of resistors, typically, 4 or 8. The decoupling capacitors should be placed as close to the resistor packages as possible keeping minimum possible traces length.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos