cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 Watchdog Timer

Jump to solution
morganbadgett
Contributor I

It appears from reading the Applications Processor Reference Manual for the i.MX6 Quad, that once the Watchdog Timer (WDOG) is enabled, it cannot be disabled until a POR has occurred.  Has anyone been successful in disabling the watchdog after it's been disabled, without going through a POR?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no way to clear the Watchdog Enable (WDE) bit of the Watchdog Control Register (WCR) in software once it is set. Only the Power-On Reset or Watchdog Reset events can clear it.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no way to clear the Watchdog Enable (WDE) bit of the Watchdog Control Register (WCR) in software once it is set. Only the Power-On Reset or Watchdog Reset events can clear it.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!