cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 UltraLite EVK - bootloader issue with SD card

mickaeltoumi
Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to get u-boot booting from a SD card (32GB) on the i.MX6 EVK. I loaded the SD card with a u-boot that I built through the Yocto project (see attached). I followed the documentation called "i.MX_6SoloLite_EVK_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf". My environment is MacOSX with a virtual machine running through VirtualBox.

Before loading the bootloader on the SD card I formatted the card with the SDFormatter application.

Following Freescale documentation I issued the command below to load the bootloader only:

sudo dd if=u-boot-imx6ulevk.imx of=/dev/sdb1 bs=512 seek=2 skip=2 conv=fsync

After setting up the serial and turning ON the EVK I am getting "0x00" on the serial port. Resetting the platform with the SW2102 button the result is the same.

What could be the issue? I expect to see u-boot traces starting up.

Screen Shot 2015-11-26 at 6.44.16 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-11-26 at 6.43.56 PM.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi mickaeltoumi

"i.MX_6SoloLite_EVK_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf" may not work on Ultralite board

please follow sect.4.3.4 attached Linux Guide from L3.14.38_6ul linux release:

sudo dd if=<U-Boot image> of=/dev/sdx bs=512 seek=2 conv=fsync

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

CodeWarrior4_2M
Contributor II

Thanks Igor!

The issue is not the power supply. In my current configuration the 5V/2A is enough.

I made a mistake during the load of u-boot on the sd card. I typed /dev/sdb1 instead of /dev/sdb.

It works now!

0 Kudos

mickaeltoumi
Contributor III

Reviewing my setup, I believe my DC power supply is not strong enough to get the boot process going properly. The power supply can deliver only 2A. I am getting a new power supply with at least 3.5A and will report the result.

0 Kudos