cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 UL Silicon Rev 1.1 Order Code

durmus
Contributor IV

Greetings,

Is there an ordering code specific to Silicon Rev 1.1?

As one can see in the picture below, datasheet says that the marking at the end, which is "A", refers to Silicon Rev. However, it is the same both for Rev 1.0 and Rev 1.1. The only thing that separates them is the marking on the part itself.

I specifically need Rev 1.1 in my project because of the 24 MHz crystal issue related to Rev 1.0.

I asked my local reseller about this and they told me they have no way of knowing the marking on the part beforehand. Hence, they cannot be sure which Rev number they will receive.

I do not understand why such a confusion should exist.

Can someone please clarify this issue? How to order Rev 1.1?

mx6ul.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Durmu

one can order industrial/auto parts, suffixes "A","C" as they should be produced starting with rev.1.1

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

durmus
Contributor IV

Hi igor,

I do not see any part with suffix "C" and no documentation stating it either.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Durmu

below screenshots from web link and datasheet

1.jpg

2.jpg

~igor

0 Kudos

durmus
Contributor IV

Hi igor,

All parts have "A" suffix at the end, which implies that they are Silicon Rev 1.0 according to the screenshot.

Also, can I ask which datasheet you are referring to? None of the current datasheets on iMX6UL page has this exact table.

If a "B" suffix at the end indicates Rev 1.1, which by the way I have not seen until now because the datasheets have no mention of it, can I order parts with a "B" suffix at the end?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

both rev 1.0 and rev 1.1 have "A" suffix at the end, while

industrial/auto parts, suffixes "A","C" are produced starting with rev.1.1.

Please refer to p.4 http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX6ULCEC.pdf

Best regards

igor