i.MX6 Solo Lite Compatibility with i.MX Dual Lite

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 Solo Lite Compatibility with i.MX Dual Lite

mgreenhalgh
Contributor II

I am using a few reference designs to help as I design and layout our board. One of the designs I am using has an i.MX6  SoloLite processor and most pins have been the same as those in the DualLite processor. I did notice some differences when I started into a part of our design using I2C. In the SoloLite design I am referencing, I2C2_SDA is pin D18 and I2C2_SCL is pin E18. In the DualLite, it appears that I2C2_SDA is pin C25 and I2C2_SCL is pin E22.

So, my questions are:

1. Is the i.MX6 SoloLite pin compatible with the i.MX6 DualLite?
  2. Is there a better datasheet you can send me? (I am currently using the document: “i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite Applications Processors for Consumer Products”)
  3. Do you know of any reference designs that are available for the i.MX6 DualLite? (I can only find the Quad and SoloLite SabreSD reference designs)
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Mark

some i.MX6 are compatible as describes application note below,

but not i.MX6 SoloLite with i.MX6 DualLite

Application Note AN4397 (Rev. 1, 6/2013)

"Common Hardware Design for i.MX 6Dual/6Quad and i.MX

6Solo/6DualLite"

i.MX6 DualLite design is spf-27392 on

SABRE for Smart Devices Reference Design|Freescale

i.MX6SDL Reference Manual (rev.2  5/2015)

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX6SDLRM.pdf

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos