i.MX6 SABRE SD - Dual-LVDS (Kernel 4.1 + Krogoth branch)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 SABRE SD - Dual-LVDS (Kernel 4.1 + Krogoth branch)

raz3l
Contributor III

Hi guys

Is it possible to have a dual display (LVDS+LVDS) with the same Qt application running? Basically I need a platform that enables something like this:

p1030810.jpg?w=512

In some old posts I noticed that people told to use some kernel parameters to enable something similar too what I want (i think):

"ldb=spl0/1"       --      split mode on DI0/1

"ldb=dul0/1"       --      dual mode on DI0/1

"ldb=sin0/1"       --      single mode on LVDS0/1

"ldb=sep0/1"      --      separate mode begin from LVDS0/1

Still, after using the parameters I didn't had any luck.

I am using yocto distribution with krogoth branch. These are my kernel parameters:

console=ttymxc0,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk2p2 rootwait rw consoleblank=0 psplash=false logo.nologo vt.global_cursor_default=0 ldb=spl0 video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB666

Feel free to ask any more details if these ones are not sufficient.

Thank you all for any kind of support.

Daniel.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

raz3l
Contributor III

Where can I find that file the fsl-community-bsp joanxie​ ?

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

refer to the release note,There are two LVDS channels, LVDS0 and LVDS1, which can transfer video data.

The source for LVDS channel data is the IPUv3 display interfaces, DI0, or DI1.Dual mode means display data from DI0 or DI1 will be duplicated on LVDS0 and LVDS1.

for more detailed information, you can refer to the chapter 18 of user guide, this is for mx53, but you can refer to it.

<http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/MX53UG.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=7&pageNum=1>.

0 Kudos

raz3l
Contributor III

I checked the user guide for mx53. In chapter 18.3.2 they said that the output LVDS ports may be used as one dual channel output: single input in the parallel display ports (DI0, DI1), split to two output channels. If I understanding correctly I can have the configuration that I showed above with the image in the i.MX6, right?

My question is which are the steps to enable that configuration. Could anyone help?

Thanks joanxie

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Split mode means display data from DI0 or DI1 will be sent to both channels LVDS0 and LVDS1.

current bsp uses single mode, if you use split mode, you should change the source code in the bsp, the file name is board-mx6q_Sabresd.c

0 Kudos