i.MX6 ONOFF Pull-up?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 ONOFF Pull-up?

adamgarrison
Contributor III

I have a question concerning the ONOFF pin using the iMX6 device. According to the data sheet, there should be an internal pull-up on this pin to VSNVS.  However, we’re seeing that even when VSNVS is present the ONOFF pin is not being pulled up.  Do you know if there really is an internal pull-up or if an external one needs to be applied?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

According to section 10.5 [ONOFF (Button)] of the i.MX6 DQ RM, the ONOFF signal,

asserted greater than 5 seconds, initiates a hardware-enforced power down request

to the power IC, assuming ONOFF is i.MX6 RESET_IN_B and the power IC is connected

the i.MX6 output PMIC_ON_REQ. The i.MX6 must have TEST_MODE LOW (free).

ONOFF (RESET_IN) signal has internal (100 KOhm ) pull-up, so can be left floating.

But under noisy environment – if internal 100 KOHm pull up is not strong enough – an external

resistor (of 10 KOhm) may be applied.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

adamgarrison
Contributor III

I’ve included some feedback from the customer that we’ve observed.  Note that VSYS is the main input voltage to the PMIC and VBACKUP is the battery backup input to the PMIC:

In the first trace, when PMIC VBACKUP = 3.3V is applied, causing VSNVS to go to 1.0V, ONOFF does not pull up to 1.0V. It is only later (second trace) when 3.9V is applied to VSYS (PMIC VIN), resulting in VSNVS rising to 3.0V, that the PMIC beings the power on sequencing and ONOFF pulls up to VSNVS = 3.0V.

ONOFF Question for Freescale.png

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Details of internal schematic implementation of i.MX6 pins are not provided.

(Some general scheme may be found at Figure 6 (Simplified internal structure
of the IOMUX for each pin) of app note AN5078 “Influence of Pin Setting on
System Function and Performance”

http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN5078.pdf

And when the i.MX6 environment is out of specified ranges (VSNVS < 2.8V)

its behavior is not guaranteed.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos