i.MX6 NAND install successfully but fail to boot

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 NAND install successfully but fail to boot

shaot
Contributor II

Hi, I am worried about NAND boot problem.

I installed a yocto image on NAND successfully (message shows that) with SD boot, and after that I removed the SD card and switched to NAND boot mode. However it says nothing when booting. I checked a message with teraterm (serial connect).

I use a variscite's i.mx6 board.

I followed this site: VAR-SOM-MX6 Yocto Jethro R4 Build Yocto release - Variscite Wiki 

I bitbaked fsl-image-gui and after that I created an extended SD card for NAND boot.

I installed on SD card with following command.

sudo MACHINE=imx6ul-var-dart ~/var-som-mx6-yocto-jethro/sources/meta-variscite-mx6/scripts/var_mk_yocto_sdcard/var-
create-yocto-sdcard.sh -a /dev/sdb

where sdb means SD card (checked with lsblk).

Next, I inserted the SD card into the board and execute following command.

install_yocto.sh -b mx6ul -r nand -v sd

When this process is ended, it says "Installed successfully".

After checking this message, I turned off the board, removed the SD card and switched to NAND boot mode.

However NAND boot is failed.

When I inserted SD card and booted with NAND mode, some messages like "boot mode: NAND, SPL: unsupported boot device" are displayed.

Why can't I execute NAND boot ?

Awaiting your kindly advices !

Best regards, 

Hiro

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Hirotoshi

recommended way for nand programming is to use mfg tool (use

mfgtool2-yocto-mx-sabreauto-nand.vbs script),

which can be found on

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/i.mx-software-and-tools/i....

also one can follow nand boot bring-up steps described on

https://community.nxp.com/thread/307723 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos