cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 IPU IPUx_DI0_DW_SET2

sugiyamatoshihi
Contributor V

Hi, 

I have a question about IPUx_DI0_DW_SET2_i.

What timing is refer to di0_data_cnt_down2_i, and di0_data_cnt_up2_i timing.

If it use IPUx_DI0_DW_GEN_2, which counter is refer to IPUx_DI0_DW_SET2?

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
18 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to the Section 37.4.10.3 "Timing generator", especially, to the Figure 37-41 "DI waveform's main parameters", of the i.MX6Dual/Quad Reference Manual document. It explains in details the waveform generation parameters.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos

sugiyamatoshihi
Contributor V

Hi Artur,

I read it but, I cannot explain DRDY behavior. Regarding to Figure 37-41, I considered the behavior of DRDY, bu I cannot understood.

I attached the behavior of DRDY, It cannot change the DRDY timing. what does this register control?

Best Regards

Suiyama

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As the Section 37.4.10.3 "Timing generator" says, the DOWN counter value must be always greater than UP counter value for normal timing control. Please always follow this condition.

Best Regards,
Artur

0 Kudos

sugiyamatoshihi
Contributor V

Hi, Artur,

I understand that.

I'd like to reset the questions.

My original question is how to set di0_data_cnt_up3_0 and di0_data_down3_0? Then,

1. What signal does these counter di0_data_cnt_up3_0 and di0_data_down3_0 use?  You answered HSP_CLK once, but according to Figure 37-41, it seems PIN_A base timer is DI_CLK.

2. In that case, does di0_data_cnt_up3_0 and di0_data_down3_0 registers use fractional part? If so, how many bits is fractional part.

After you mentioned it is refer to Figure 37-41,

There are questions.

1. What signal is PIN_15 time base (PIN_A timebase in Fig.)  Is it HSP_CLK or DI_CLK?

2. What is the count clock of up/down (di0_data_cnt_up3_0 and di0_data_down3_0) for PIN_15 (PIN_A in Fig.) ? It must be faster than PIN_A timebase.

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As the Section 37.4.10.3 "Timing generator" says, the DI clock is derived from either the HSP_CLK clock (typically) or external clock. Then, the fundamental DI timebase is derived from the DI clock by the DI#_DISP_CLK_PERIOD and DI#_DISP_CLK_OFFSET parameters. The timebase for PIN_x waveform can be either fundamental timebase or another PIN_y waveform.

As for the PIN_11 to PIN_17 function (these are some special purpose asynchronous waveform pins), please refer to the Section 37.4.10.4 "Waveform settings for asynchronous interface pins".

The DI#_DATA_CNT_UPx_y and DI#_DATA_CNT_DOWNx_y counters have no fractional part.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos

sugiyamatoshihi
Contributor V

Hi,  Artur,

Thank you for the answer.

Do you means DI#_DATA_CNT_UPx_y  and DI#_DATA_CNT_DOWNx_y  count by DI_CLK or anther PIN_y?

How does that clock define? 

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The only clock option for the DI#_DATA_CNT_UPx_y and DI#_DATA_CNT_DOWNx_y counters is DI_CLK.

0 Kudos

sugiyamatoshihi
Contributor V

Hi, Artur,

It is simple question.

If  DI#_DATA_CNT_UPx_y=0 and DI#_DATA_CNT_DOWNx_y=2,  does it divide DISP CLK

into 2? 

Then that clock synchronize with PIN15 signal?

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos

sugiyamatoshihi
Contributor V

Hi Artur,

I understood.

However I have one question.

I attache the waveform. Which is correct A or B that is the case of  IPUx_DI_DW_SETx_y attached.

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos

sugiyamatoshihi
Contributor V

Hi, Artur,

Could you answer the question?

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos

sugiyamatoshihi
Contributor V

Hi, Artur,

Regarding to Figure 37-41, 

What is the PIN_A timebase for PIN15  DRDY signal?

What signal does it input to counter? You previously mentioned HSP_CLK, so I suppose cnt_up/cnt_down point is counted by HSP_CLK, but counter value didn't affect DRDY signal timing refer to Hsync.   

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The edges of the waveforms, generated according to the IPUx_DI0_DW_SETx_i register settings, are referred to the main IPU clock HSP_CLK.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sugiyamatoshihi
Contributor V

Hi, Artur,

One more question, the counter value of di0_data_cnt_down3_i and di0_data_cnt_up3_i are 9 bits each. 

That counter up/down values are using fractional part? If so, how many bit use for fractional?

Best Regards,

Sugiyama 

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The di0_data_cnt_downx_i and di0_data_cnt_upx_i fields are not the up/down counters. These are the constant (pre-programmed) fields that define the positions of the falling (di0_data_cnt_downx_i) and rising (di0_data_cnt_upx_i) edge of the corresponding waveform in a number of main IPU clocks relatively to the waveform's triggering point.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos

sugiyamatoshihi
Contributor V

Hi, Artur,

I understood it is not counter, it is specify the rising edge timing and falling edge timing.

I'm little confusing. 

DRDY signal is output from PIN15 by set di0_pt_4_i. and DRDY wave is generated by DI0_DW_SE3_i..

Then, I tried to change the value of di0_data_cnt_down3_i, however only when di0_data_cnt_up3_i is lager than 2, DRDY is output and rising/falling edge of DRDY didn't change by the value of di0_data_cnt_down3_i and  di0_data_cnt_up3_i.

1. What timing is refer to up/down timing? Refer to base timer or counter #1 or .....? How it is specify? 

2. What timing does these register control? I couldn't see any timing change.

3. Is it really HSP clock is reference clock? It may change according to dix_clk_ext bit that use DI clock?

4. Is there fractional part, like  di1_cnt_up_1 in IPUx_DI1_SW_GEN1_1? 

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What exactly values of di0_data_cnt_down3_i and di0_data_cnt_up3_i do you use? What is the initial DRDY signal state Low or High? Please specify.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos

b50231katsuhiro
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi art

Could you please follow-up his question?

0 Kudos

sugiyamatoshihi
Contributor V

Hi,

I checked the waveform of DRDY of Parallel Display CLAA-WVGA with SABRESDB. It is out put DRDY to PIN14.

I observed a waveform of IPU1_DI0_SET3 output to pt_

Then I checked the register value of IPU1_DI0_SET3 value. That is 0x00020000. WhenI changed value to 000f0000.

Nothing happens but if I set 0x0, DRDY wave doesn't output, signal stays high. However, when di0_data_cnt_up3_i is lager than 2, no DRDY output. Also it must be di0_data_cnt_down3_i is lager than di0_data_cnt_up3_i.

Can someone know what clock is refer to this position?

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos