cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 Firmware in C

siegmundsiebert
Contributor I

Hi all experts,

I want to start with i.MX6SoloX and for several reasons first I want to programm this controller in C. My platformis the IAR workbench and the example, which I can find in the workbench works fine on the SABRE board.

Now I want to install and program other periphals, like CAN and display controller. I have read the i.MX6 Firmware Guide, and now I have a problem. In chapter 11 "FlexCan module" is written:

"

1. Run the can_init function, which will configure iomux, issue a module software
reset, initialize the configuration register, initialize the control register, initialize the
message buffers to zero, and disable all message buffer interrupt mask registers.
2. Run the set_can_mb function to initialize the message buffers.
3. Run the can_exit_freeze function to exit freeze mode and allow module to transmit
or receive data.

"

I can't find the "can_init function, set_can_mb function and can_exit_freeze function".

Is there anbody there who knows, where I can find these functions?

Thanks for your trouble

Siegmund

0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Siegmund,

Could you please specify where is included the mentioned software? Is it included on the IAR examples for ARM?

As another option, you could refer to the examples of FreeRTOS or MQX (including CAN) for the M4 core of the i.MX6SX processor, available for download at the following link:

http://www.nxp.com/products/automotive-products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-mcus-and-mpus/i....

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos