cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 Dual interfacing with 8 bit Parallel Camera MT9Dxxx series

Jump to solution
jhalife
Contributor II

Hi, we are working on a medical design project. We are planning to use iMX6 Dual processor interfaced with Aptina Imaging sensor MT9Dxxx series on Camera Parallel Port Interface. Our selected sensor operates similar to MT9P031 camera

i.e. It  uses a Line Valid (LV) signal and Frame Valid (FV) signal instead of a single HSYNC and VSYNC pulse indicating the start of a line/frame. The FV signal remains active through the entire frame transferimage sensor data format.jpg

and so it does not match the timing diagrams shown in the Document #:IMX6DQAEC Rev.4, 07/2015

"4.11.10.2.2 Gated Clock Mode" which indicate HSYNC/VSYNC as having a single pulse in start of frame/line

imx6 cpi.jpg

We wanted to know if i.MX6D IPU engine can be used to process data from this image sensor directly? can this problem be taken care in software or will this need additional hardware?

Our understanding is since IPU engine is edge triggered so i.MX6 engine might support interfacing camera directly to CSI Parallel port interface.

Kindly guide us on this. Thanks.

Labels (4)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think you are right.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
yyuan
Contributor III

HI

I have the same problem,Can you help me to explain this sequence diagram?

There are some confusing points in the manual.

Vsysc is the edge trigger?What is hysnc?Is it also edge triggered from the timing diagram?

please help me.

thank you very much!

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi GOPAL

you are right, IPU CSI engine HSYNC,VSYNC timings are edge triggered.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jhalife
Contributor II

Thanks. So can i assume, i don't need additional hardware to correct Frame valid/Line valid signal to match VSYNC and HSYNC behavior respectively as shown in Gated clock mode?

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think you are right.

0 Kudos
jhalife
Contributor II

thank you for the support

0 Kudos