Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 CCM and PLL setting by DCD.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

Our partner tried setting CCM and PLL by DCD with i.MX6DL L3.0.35_4.1.0 BSP.

However, i.MX6DL did not boot when CCD and PLL are set by DCD even though DCD can set CCM and PLL as Table 8-33 in IMX6SDLRM Rev.1.

So we want to know whether there is some restrict to set CCM by DCD.

Could you let me kwnow it?

Or could you send a sample DCD to set CCM and PLL?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (5)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The CCM address area is allowed for the DCD, according to Table 8-33 (Valid DCD Address Ranges)
of the i.MX6 SDL RM. Another way, that we should take into account recommendations of section 18.5.1.6
(Disabling / Enabling PLLs).

Also, please take a look at

Re: How to modify Bootloader and kernel to support LPDDR2?

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In DCD table only register writes are allowed. However for enabling the PLL you would also need to poll the "PLL lock" bit.

So I would recommend you to activate the PLL in C code instead of doing it inside the DCD table.

As a reference you could check the "_clk_pll_enable" function from the kernel:

http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git/tree/arch/arm/mach-mx6/clock.c?h=imx_3.0...

, and implement the same in your bootloader.

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Some polling options are available for i.MX6, using "Check Data Command". Please refer to section

8.6.2.2 (Check Data Command) of i.MX6 SDL RM.

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The CCM address area is allowed for the DCD, according to Table 8-33 (Valid DCD Address Ranges)
of the i.MX6 SDL RM. Another way, that we should take into account recommendations of section 18.5.1.6
(Disabling / Enabling PLLs).

Also, please take a look at

Re: How to modify Bootloader and kernel to support LPDDR2?

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos