i.MX6 Android JB 4.3_r1.1 - Where'd the FSL PowerProfile & FSL ProfileService go?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 Android JB 4.3_r1.1 - Where'd the FSL PowerProfile & FSL ProfileService go?

patrickphilp
Contributor II

In the Android JB 4.3_r1.1 content from Freescale, I noticed there was no longer a System Profile app available on the device; a search of the .../packages/apps/fs_imx_demo directory confirmed that the packages are not in the JB 4.3 r1.1 content downloaded from Freescale.

The kernel appears to support frequency scaling and the various performance governors, i.e. when I issue the following command: cat sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors I get the following response: conservative powersave performance, and when I issue: cat sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies, I get 996000 792000 396000. I appear to be able to change the scaling governor and the CPU speed from the console without any issues.

When I move to the GUI, and open the available apps, I don't see the System Profile app. When I picked up the fsl_imx_demo/FSLPowerProfileApp and fsl_imx_demo/FSLProfileService from the ICS 4.0.4 packages/apps directory and dropped them into the packages/apps/fs_imx_demo directory for JB4.3, they got included in the next build and System Profiles even showed up under available apps on the device. However when I attempted to run it, it threw a bunch of errors and died. The logcat showed a bunch of errors that I can post if its any help.

If the FSL PowerProfile & FSL ProfileService apps are no longer relevant or supported, that's fine. I'll let my boss know, and move on to the next issue in my list.

The hardware is a proprietary design that most closely resembles a SabreAuto board, not that this should matter...

Regards,

Patrick

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

From JellyBean forward the PowerProfile App is no longer used on the Freescale Android BSP as the default governor can handle the CPU adjustment automatically and the additional App was redundant.

0 Kudos