cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 Android 9 icon duplication

Jump to solution
stevegamble
Contributor I
We are in the process of upgrading our device (which is based on imx6dq/sabresd_6dq board) to Android 9 (p9.0.0_2.3.1 BSP). We noticed a weird issue that happens on Android 9 - icons/images (i.e. bitmaps) are being duplicated (see screenshots below). 

Below are a few observations:
  • It is not related to a particular application. It happens in System Launcher, Settings and in our custom applications as well
  • It looks like it is related to the hardware acceleration. Disabling hardware acceleration for an application (using android:hardwareAccelerated="false" manifest flag) or system wide (using sys.viewroot.hw system property) does fix the issue.
  • The duplication happens to the icons/bitmaps that are allocated in regular memory (aka "software" bitmap), not in hardware (i.e. gpu, aka "hardware" bitmap). In other words, the duplication happens to "software" bitmaps when hardware acceleration is enabled.
  • It doesn't seem to be happening inside the WebView. Icons loaded from assets by a WebView don't seem to be duplicated.

It does feel like the problem is somewhere in ThreadedRender or related code that uses hardware acceleration to draw UI but it might as well be somewhere else, e.g. memory allocation.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be happening here and what can be done to fix this issue?
screenshot-1594045326120.jpg
screenshot-1590487104418 (1).jpg
screenshot-1590495026395 (1).jpg
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Steve

p9.0.0_2.3.1 BSP does not support i.MX6Q as described on below link:

Android OS for i.MX Applications Processors | NXP 

One can try other, for example P9.0.0_2.2.0.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
stevegamble
Contributor I

Thanks Igor.

I'll mark this question as answered while we try an earlier supported version of the BSP.

Steve...

0 Kudos
chpub70
Contributor II

Hi Steve,

Did P9.0.0_2.2.0 resolve the problem you have ?

Best Regards,

Pun

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Steve

p9.0.0_2.3.1 BSP does not support i.MX6Q as described on below link:

Android OS for i.MX Applications Processors | NXP 

One can try other, for example P9.0.0_2.2.0.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!