cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX535 - Multi-I2C Support in Uboot

SrideviK
Contributor III

Hi,

I have our custom design based on i.MX535 SMD design.

Uboot 2009.08 is being used which supports only one I2C bus.

We have requirement to support multiple I2C bus support in the Uboot itself (I2C2 & I2C3).

Pls advice on how to enable this in Uboot.

Regards,

Sridevi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You should really switch to mainline U-boot (2013.07 is only a few days to be released) and take a look at this series:

[U-Boot,v4,02/10] i2c: common changes for multibus/multiadapter support - Patchwork

SrideviK
Contributor III

Thanks Fabio for the immediate support. Will work on this patch and get back.

It was adviced that Uboot2009.08 is the stable version for i.MX535 Sabre Tablet platform. Hence we had made our development based on this version of Uboot and did all the customization required for our requirement.

Is it mandatory to switch to the Uboot 2013.07 version?! Pls advice.

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, it is not mandatory. You can select the version that better suits your needs.

If you use the latest version from U-boot you can always get the new updates, bug fixes, enhancements and help from the U-boot community.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

0 Kudos

compmas2
Contributor V

Fabio,

I am also looking for multiple I2C bus support for testing hardware in U-boot on different I2C buses.  It looks like the patch set you mentioned did not make it into the 2013.07 release.  Do you happen to have a general feeling as to when the multiple I2C bus support would be added for the i.MX53?

Regards,

Matt

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Matt,

Sorry, I don't know. Please ask it in the U-boot mailing list.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

0 Kudos