i.MX53 "Cannot start Debug"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX53 "Cannot start Debug"

Wizzzbang
Contributor I

We have two i.MX53 QSB's and I have set up my laptop and my colleagues PC up with the Compact 7 binary from Adeneo. Everything worked fine for the first day, then my colleague booted up the next day and tried to deploy a DEBUG build of a very simple application. VS2008 reported it was deploying and then reports "Cannot start debug." If he deploys as a RELEASE build everything works fine and the application runs.

He has the same installation as I do consisting of VS2008 with SP1, using the Adeneo SDK running on a Windows 7 PC. We have swapped QSB's so it is not a hardware problem.

Any Ideas?

Jason.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Wizzzbang
Contributor I

Managed to fix the problem. Some SDK's had been installed for modile phones, which caused a problem with the executing of the debugger on the target device. Un-installed then and problem went away. :-)

Jason

0 Kudos

Wizzzbang
Contributor I

Managed to spend some time and uninstall the whole of VS2008 and the Adeneo SDK. I have started from scatch and made a note of any messages that come up. This time round I get a message concerning which debugger to execute before the next message tells me it cannot start debug. I now suspect that there is a difference between our two PC's. I have previously had CE6 installed with a Direct Insight SDK, whereas my colleagues PC has not had any CE installed. I can only think that when I installed CE6 it installed/configured an appropriate debugger.

I will continue to dig.

Jason

0 Kudos