Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX53 nand partition

Jump to solution
chengwu
Contributor I

Dear all,

I'm developing a wince7 BSP on an i.MX53 board, my system could boot up from nand flash now, and I could use remote tools to attach to my board, now I need to store some files into the file system when the OS is running, and the files should not lose when the system is power down, that means I should write the files into nand flash directly, so how can I do this? I know that I should mount the user partition of nand flash as a disk when the system boot up, and write my files into the disk, but I don't know how to do that, can anybody help me? Thank you very much.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You may use the "Storage Manager to format and create partitions on the

mounted NAND device". Please refer to Chapter 20 (NAND Flash Driver)

of "WCE700_MX53_ER_1105_SMD_ReferenceManual.pdf".

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/support_info/WCE700_MX53_ER_1105_SMD_DOCKIT.zip

In particular : section 20.6.1 (System Testing)

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You may use the "Storage Manager to format and create partitions on the

mounted NAND device". Please refer to Chapter 20 (NAND Flash Driver)

of "WCE700_MX53_ER_1105_SMD_ReferenceManual.pdf".

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/support_info/WCE700_MX53_ER_1105_SMD_DOCKIT.zip

In particular : section 20.6.1 (System Testing)

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos