cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX53 Quick Start Board Expansion Daughter Board

ShaneKaiser
Contributor II

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a daughter board that connects to the i.MX53 quick start board expansion port. I want the daughter board to bring out all the pins on the expansion board to individual connectors. For example, the camera signals get brought out to a camera connector, each I2C port to individual connectors, each SPI port onto individual connectors, etc.

Before designing my own I thought I would ask the community if anybody has come across such a daughter board that has already been built. Anyone seen such a board off-the-shelf somewhere or have built their own and want to sell a few?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ShaneKaiser
Contributor II

Thanks for the replies Mark and Rodrigue.

This is very helpful information.

0 Kudos

TheAdmiral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

AVNET is selling a kit that includes the QuickStart board and their own breakout board: AES-FRS-DISADP-G

Check it out here:http://www.em.avnet.com/en-us/about/avnetinthenews/Pages/Avnet-Electronics-Marketing-Americas-Introd...

Don't see any in Stock, however. This is the only one I know of.

Mark

0 Kudos

Rodrigue
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shane,

Please check the schematics of the Quick Start Board (QSB) and the IOMUX tool to tell you what functions are available on the signals that are connected to the expansion connector.

We do have expansion connector to plug the HDMI connector or an LCD. But I am not sure if you will as well get access to all the I2C (I2C1 is possible) Configurable SPI access is possible as well. Parallel camera interface is as well possible, but I do not know any specific expansion board here.

Besides this, I do not know any QSB expansion board to display these above peripheral interfaces.

0 Kudos