cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX35 SDIO to WiFi

Jump to solution
tbran
Contributor I

I've got a board running an i.MX357 and I'm trying to interface to a BlueGiga WF111 WiFi module over SDIO. The driver for the WiFi card fails to initialize in a way that BlueGiga tech support believes has to be due to a multiblock transfer bug in the SDIO driver. I'm running the 2.6.31-imx kernel and the Freescale mx_sdhci driver for the SDHC. When comparing this driver to others known to have this issue, it seems likely that this one has that issue as well. Later versions of the mainline kernel have better drivers that do not exhibit this behavior, but as far as I can tell, LTIB/Freescale doesn't have support for running a newer kernel than 2.6.31 on the i.MX35 (Correct me if I'm wrong). Has anyone had a similar issue/found a workaround?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
tbran
Contributor I

Update: Got it working. Had to disable MMC_CAP_SDIO_IRQ bit. Apparently this kernel version has some issue with correctly communicating the interrupts to the SD host controller driver. If anyone else is in the same boat, see this thread for reference: Enabling SDIO Based WiFi Module on i.MX25 - L2..6.31_09_12

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tbran
Contributor I

Update: Got it working. Had to disable MMC_CAP_SDIO_IRQ bit. Apparently this kernel version has some issue with correctly communicating the interrupts to the SD host controller driver. If anyone else is in the same boat, see this thread for reference: Enabling SDIO Based WiFi Module on i.MX25 - L2..6.31_09_12

0 Kudos