cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX35 IPU image rotation for 90 degree cannot be realized

ruitan
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using i.MX353 processor WITHOUT Linux. My purpose is to rotate an image (the data had stored in an one dimensional array) for 90 degree.

I have done some necessary steps as the user's manual asks, which are as following:

[1] Referred 31.4.2.5 Rotation Section;

[2] Referred 31.4.8.2 Frame Synchronization Unit (FSU), The “MEM --> IC (ROT ENC) --> MEM”  task chain in “Table 31-166. Programming IPU Flows and Tasks (Continued) ”, and followed with the “Manual on input, manual on output” config method;

[3] In register IDMAC_CHA_EN, enabled DMAIC8 and DMAIC10;

[4] In register IPU_CONF, enabled rotation unit, IC interface, CSI interface;

[5] In register IC_CONF, disabled PRPENC_EN, RWS_EN, CSI_MEM_WR_EN;

[6] In register IPU_FS_PROC_FLOW, disabled PRPENC_ROT_SRC_SEL;

[7] In register IC_CONF, enabled PRPENC_ROT;

[8] Trigger the IC encoding rotation task by setting '1' on DMAIC_8_BUF0_RDY and DMAIC_10_BUF0_RDY.

In the program, I created two one dimensional arrays(type: unsigned char, size: 1280*960), one for DMAIC8 and another for DMAIC10. After the rotation task has been triggered, the IPU_TASKS_STAT register shows that ENC_ROT_TSTAT was ACTIVE. However, I waited very long but ENC_ROT_TSTAT was still ACTIVE, no data received in the DMAIC10 array.

Could anyone tell me how to make this rotation 90 degree work? Thank you!

Rui

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ruitan
Contributor II

oh, btw, my image type is grayscale image with a byte per pixel.

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I think you are doing the steps fine, let me share with you an example of  an i.MX31 which has the same IPU.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos