cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX35 How to change camera properties on WinCE

pkuebler
Contributor I

Hi there,

I'm actually developing an application that interacts with a camera device on my i.MX35. On WinCE the hardware access is realized with the Microsoft camera device driver interface:

Camera Drivers (Windows Embedded CE 6.0)

Up to now I'm able to change the resolution of the camera input. Now I'd like to change the saturation, brightness, ... as well. Unfortuately I didn't get it work. However I'm able to read and write those properties. My solution actually uses the CSPROPERTY_TYPE_GET / CSPROPERTY_TYPE_SET mechanism of the driver interface. Right here I use PROPSETID_VIDCAP_VIDEOPROCAMP for reading / writing the values:

CSPROPERTY_VIDCAP_VIDEOPROCAMP (Compact 2013)

As mentioned, I'm able to modify the settings. However, the camera input does not change. Does anybody of you have experiences with that? Are there additional settings to be changed in order to get the modifications active?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Peter

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The Camera driver included in i.MX35 BSP is not able to modify saturation camera settings, for this task you should modify the IPU SAT_MODE parameter in the Display Driver, PLATFORM\<Target Platform>\SRC\DRIVERS\IPU

Please check MX35 reference manual chapter 31 for Image Converter IC and Saturation mode for color conversion parameters information

Hope this helps

0 Kudos

pkuebler
Contributor I

Ok, thanks for the hint.

I've got another question. I would like to realize a cropping mechanism with the IPU (please see the picture below).

cropping.png

Up to now I could not realize a cropping like that. I did some modifications with the input / output rects within the IPU driver. But, the only thing I could realize was a kind of sooming within the output. I wasn't able to crop the output rect like shown above.

Is the IPU able to solve a task like that?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos