cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX287 using Ubantu13.10 - LTIB build error

Jump to solution
arise
Contributor II

Hi All, I am using i.MX287 processor, for an Industrial automation application, using Ubantu13.10. When I am trying to install LTIB from L2.6.35_10.12.01_SDK_source.tar I am getting an LTIB build error, the screen shot attached. In one of the Freescale application note I seen "LTIB Builds on Ubuntu 9.04". I would like to know is it supports the  Ubantu13.10 or not. If supports what are the steps I have to fallow.

Thanks,

Arise

Labels (2)
1 Solution
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Arise,

Sorry for delay reply. After you installed LTIB, next step is to build the linux BSP on your host computer. Finally, download the images uboot,uImage and root file system to your board. After download success, you can boot it. You can refer to the document MX28_EVK_Linux_User_Guide.pdf.

Best Regards

Dan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Arise

We have not got your response yet and will close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Arise

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ramesh Arise,

It supports the  Ubuntu13.10, but you need to install some packages. From the error you attached, Some packages are missing for LTIB.  As you are working on Ubuntu13.10. So you can follow the document  Compile L2.6.35_1.1.0_130130 for i.MX28 on Ubuntu 13.10 64bit OS. If any questions contact us~~
Have a great day

Best Regards
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
arise
Contributor II

Hi Dan,

Thank you very much. I am it downloading the necessary packages and installing.

Well, I am new to work in Linux environment & i.MX processor, my intention is to develop the firmware for some basic communication with Ethernet / SD / UART using i.MX287 processor for Industrial Automation Application. I would like to know what are the necessary steps to be fallowed once the LTIB is installed.

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Arise,

Sorry for delay reply. After you installed LTIB, next step is to build the linux BSP on your host computer. Finally, download the images uboot,uImage and root file system to your board. After download success, you can boot it. You can refer to the document MX28_EVK_Linux_User_Guide.pdf.

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos