Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX28 - running elftosb on target

Jump to solution
ChristophG_Baum
Contributor III

Hello Forum,

trying to use an encrypted firmware based on Linux, I ran into the problem of executing elftosb natively on the i.MX28.

The reason behind this is that I want to avoid to store the key outside the SoC. So elftosb needs to use the DCP to generate an encrypted image (assuming the unencrypted image was transferred securely onto the system).

Is there a version of elftosb or some other tool which uses the DCP natively?

Regards,

Christoph

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JackLee1z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christoph,

It is understood but the requested tool is not available. If you think this new feature is a must for your project, please go through sales and marketing channel to have an arrangement. Thanks.

BR,

Jack

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JackLee1z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chris,

There is no such version for elftosb to be run on i.MX28 SoC. You are suggested to use the provided tool in BSP on host environment.

BR,

Jack

0 Kudos
ChristophG_Baum
Contributor III

Hello,

the idea behind my question is that when you use the DCP to encrypt the bootstream, the AES key does not need to exist outside the device. It is kept in the OTP and only the DCP can use it.

Regards

Christoph

0 Kudos
JackLee1z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christoph,

It is understood but the requested tool is not available. If you think this new feature is a must for your project, please go through sales and marketing channel to have an arrangement. Thanks.

BR,

Jack

0 Kudos