Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX28 Windows CE SD Boot, NAND Storage

Jump to solution
markwilliams
Senior Contributor I

Hi all,

I have been playing with the i.MX28 Development board, booting our own Windows CE Image from SD card successfully. I am now trying to get the system to operate so that it boots from SD card still but uses NAND flash for storage.

I have added a NAND flash to the socket on the development board and modified the drivers according to other posts on this forum. The NAND is successfully detected by eboot (and I have performed the 3V3 RDN line driver mod):

NumberOfChip=1

NAND_ECCConfLayout, pagesize=2048,sisize=64

INFO: OEMPlatformInit: Initialized NAND flash device.

Since enabling the MS Flash Driver (Flash MDD) I have not been able to get my board to boot. I have set the 'MountAsBootable' registry flag for the NAND MSFlash profile to 0 (just in case that was setting the NAND as bootable). The debug output shows the Image being loaded from SD then 'Jumping to Image at 0x0 (physical 0x40200000)...'

I also enabled 'RAM and ROM Filesystem' for the catalog item 'File System - Internal (Choose 1)'.

I have checked my Windows CE release directory and I only have and NK.nb0 (earlier issues I had was due to image size being too large and creating NK.nb1 as well). So I do not think it is anything to do with image size.

Is there anything I should be aware of trying to use NAND as storage only and retain boot from SD using the Freescale BSP?

Kind regards, Mark

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
FranciscoCarril
Contributor V

Yes, what i meant is that if you have the variable IMGNAND present  it could be formatting the image for NAND instead of SDMMC.

So you should delete IMGNAND, and have IMGSDMMC

most of configurations in windows dont care if varialbe is 0 or 1, if it exists then it uses it, so you should delete them.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FranciscoCarril
Contributor V

Did you activated the line IMGNAND in the Environment Variables  ?  this will format the image for Nand booting.

0 Kudos
markwilliams
Senior Contributor I

Sorry I think you may have misread my post. I want to boot from SD card - the WCE image will be stored on SD and boot from there. The NAND flash will be used for data storage only.

So the IMGSDMMC variable will be set, not IMGNAND?

0 Kudos
FranciscoCarril
Contributor V

Yes, what i meant is that if you have the variable IMGNAND present  it could be formatting the image for NAND instead of SDMMC.

So you should delete IMGNAND, and have IMGSDMMC

most of configurations in windows dont care if varialbe is 0 or 1, if it exists then it uses it, so you should delete them.

0 Kudos