Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX28 USB-OTG problem

Jump to solution
prateekraghuvan
Contributor II

Hi,

I used IMX_MFG_TOOL to program nand flash for i.MX28.

Connected - i.MX28 EVK Board Connected using USB-OTG to PC. PC detected it as HID complaint Device and i am successfully able to

update the nand flash using IMX_MFG_TOOL. Now, when i connect my customized i.MX28 hardware Board (similar to EVK Board), PC detects it as

Unknown device though i use same device driver supplied in IMX_MFG_TOOL software.

I followed these steps (on customized hardware),

1. Selected Boot Mode as USB (iMX28_BSP_UG.pdf- http://elk.informatik.fh-augsburg.de/gnublin-cdrom/Linux/L2.6.35_10.12.01_SDK_docs/i.MX28_Linux_BSP_...  PageN0.- 3-21, Table 1. Boot Mode Values).
  2. Connected USB-OTG in device mode to PC.
  3. Updated device driver (PC side) with the one supplied in software package - Mfgtools-Rel-1.6.2.042 from freescale.

Result - PC detects my customized board as Unknown device.

my question is am i missing any step or configuration, which is there in EVK Board and not on my customized Board, Or is it something else?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It might work, but I’m not sure as I never tried it like that. I think zImage for “Manufacturing Firmware” profile also has some options enabled that are required for proper operation and it could be much bigger than what is really needed. So probably makes sense to do have a separate LTIB setup for updater firmware binary.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
27 Replies
prateekraghuvan
Contributor II

Thanks Vladan, Just a quick clarification.

We had a ltib setup through which we used to generate imx28_ivt_linux.sb and flash it to SD card and bring up the board.

Now for MFG tool, We modified the same LTIB setup to  manufacturing firmware profile and generated updater_ivt.sb.

We would like to know  whether updater_ivt.sb shall work for mfgtool. or

do we have to install new ltib setup with manufacturing firmware profile selected at beginning.

or

should we copy all the binaries (power_prep, boot_prep, linux_prep, zlmage and initramfs image) to separate folder and run the script create_updater.sh from the folder. These binaries are created from ltib setup that has "manufacturing firmware profile" .. is there any chance it would work.

0 Kudos
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It might work, but I’m not sure as I never tried it like that. I think zImage for “Manufacturing Firmware” profile also has some options enabled that are required for proper operation and it could be much bigger than what is really needed. So probably makes sense to do have a separate LTIB setup for updater firmware binary.

0 Kudos
prateekraghuvan
Contributor II

Thank you Vladan, now i am able to flash NAND in my Board.

0 Kudos
prateekraghuvan
Contributor II

Please notice the kernel panic in the end .

0 Kudos
prateekraghuvan
Contributor II

Please follow this link to see the log file of debug prints for custom board and 1GB NAND https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=31ADA173C8B155A8!111&authkey=!AF7gOtgyU9ZNa84

and also there is log for EVK (i.MX28) with 1GB NAND on borad, which is : Microsoft SkyDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Web Apps.

... I can see kernel config diff between EVK and My kernel but still i am missing something. . any idea?

0 Kudos
prateekraghuvan
Contributor II

I don't see an option here to attach any file other than image. i'll find out a way to send you the log, anyway. Thanks

0 Kudos
prateekraghuvan
Contributor II

^^*Correction I am sorry MT29F1G08ABADAWP is 1GB. I have 1GB NAND on my customized board.

0 Kudos