Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX28 NAND Boot Mode

Jump to solution
jörg_krause
Contributor III

Hi,

I have some questions regarding the i.MX28 NAND Boot Mode:

1. The i.MX28 Applications Processor Reference Manual, ch. 12.12.1.11 Recovery From a Failed Boot Firmware Image Read. writes something about a SDK. What SDK? I did not found any description about this SDK in the manual.
  2. In the manual, ch. 12.12.1.6 NAND Patch Boot using FCB, a secondary mechanism to boot NAND patch image is described. What is a patch image? Is there any special requirements to a patch image? Can I use the patch boot to boot from NAND if both boot firmware areas are damaged?

Jörg Krause

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q. What SDK?

A. Here, "SDK" means the software/OS, running on the processor, in general.

Q. What is a patch image?

A. Here the "patch image" can be treated as "emergency boot image", used if both primary and secondary main boot images are damaged.

Q. Is there any special requirements to a patch image?

A. There are no special requirements to the "patch" image, it shoul be just a regular bootable code. Probably, it should signal the emergency boot conditions to an upper level software that then should perform some repair procedures on the main boot images or signal an emergency conditions to the user.

Q. Can I use the patch boot to boot from NAND if both boot firmware areas are damaged?

A. Yes, see above.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q. What SDK?

A. Here, "SDK" means the software/OS, running on the processor, in general.

Q. What is a patch image?

A. Here the "patch image" can be treated as "emergency boot image", used if both primary and secondary main boot images are damaged.

Q. Is there any special requirements to a patch image?

A. There are no special requirements to the "patch" image, it shoul be just a regular bootable code. Probably, it should signal the emergency boot conditions to an upper level software that then should perform some repair procedures on the main boot images or signal an emergency conditions to the user.

Q. Can I use the patch boot to boot from NAND if both boot firmware areas are damaged?

A. Yes, see above.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos