Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX28 EVK burn OS to NAND Falsh

Jump to solution
ganeshh
Contributor III

Hello,

How to burn Operating system to NAND Flash along with bootlader in i.MX28 EVK. Can we do it directly from MMC using commands or do we need to use the USB OTG?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to section 5.1.3.2 (NAND Boot) of "MX28_EVK_Linux_User_Guide.pdf".

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L2.6.35_1.1.0_ER_SOURCE&appType=license&location=n...

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
B_K_Ankur
Contributor IV

Sure, you can do that via MMC. Just you have to make sure that kernel has support for NAND flash.

It can be done using:

1) Boot via u-boot and flash rootfs to NAND

2) Boot via Linux on MMC and flash rootfs to NAND.

In both cases, you need to update the u-boot parameters n there you go..Good Luck!!

0 Kudos
ganeshh
Contributor III

Thanks Ankur for the info can you explain how these two steps can be done. Is the any document or tutorial available?

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to section 5.1.3.2 (NAND Boot) of "MX28_EVK_Linux_User_Guide.pdf".

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L2.6.35_1.1.0_ER_SOURCE&appType=license&location=n...

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos